Friday, July 12, 2013

Delicious Black Bean Quesadillas

I always struggle with good recipes using beans. My brain automatically thinks "chili". But, being summer, chili doesn't even sound good to me! I was searching for easy summer time meals and came across this recipe from Eating Well. I think next time I will add a can of drained corn to them and possibly some chicken, just to make it a little fuller. But they were absolutely delicious and SO easy! I altered the recipe a bit from what the site originally called for!




INGREDIENTS


  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
  • 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa (see Tip), divided
  • 4 8-inch tortillas
  • olive oil

  • PREPARATION
    1. Combine beans, cheese and 1/4 cup salsa in a medium bowl. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
    2. Turn BBQ to low heat, brush outside of tortillas with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place quesadillas on grill & cook, turning once, until golden on both sides and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes total.




    TIPS & NOTES
    • Look for prepared fresh salsa in the supermarket refrigerator section near other dips and spreads. Like this one from WalMart:

    We enjoyed some chips and the extra salsa and topped our quesadillas with taco sauce & sour cream. (We don't live avocado, or else some guacamole would have been great, too!) A side salad would be great with this meal as well! :) 

    OH- and sorry for the bad pictures, all I had was my husbands cell phone! ha. :)

    -Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment