Monday, July 29, 2013

Trains, Rootbeer floats, Eyebrow threading & Randomness.

My blog seemed to fall by the wayside the last few weeks. I have missed writing and *hope* you all have missed reading!! 

My last post was on the 17th, when James turned 3 months! And today, the 29th I sit and rest for the first time since then! It has been a busy 12 days to say the least! Jimmy was given the task of directing the church's VBS program this summer. The church chose a curriculum called Mega Sports Camp. I played sports, as did Jimmy, but neither of us have done so recently. It was quite a challenge for us to work on a program that was sport based when neither of us are super "athletic" :) We ending up coaching soccer and our group consisted of boys from 3-6. oh my. I think I got a view into what to expect with our little boy and I will be the first to say, I don't know what I'm in for! The camp went well and we had one little boy accept the Lord! Even if all of our hard work was only for that one soul, It was TOTALY worth it! Jimmy was able to talk to him one on one and connect with him. 

My mom came to visit us the past week! She rode the train...for 27 hours :) It was so wonderful to spend some time with her! I was very thankful she was able to come the same week as Mega Sports Camp and watch James so we could devote our time to coaching soccer. It was hard for me to leave James, even though he was only in the church nursery, he was still away from us for the first time. I am so happy they got to spend some quality cuddle time together <3

One of the highlights of the week at Mega Sports Camp was the rootbeer floats on Friday night. They we delicious.

My mom tried to talk me into getting my eyebrows threaded. It is an alternative to waxing that is apparently better for your skin... We went to the Mall of America and found a shop that did it... Then we saw the video of the woman violently ripping out each eyebrow hair one by one... I refuse. I am a sissy and I know it. There is no way I'm doing THAT to my face! Ouch!! Have you ever done it? My grandma swears it feels "good"... Let me know, I would love to hear your experiences.

My sciatica is acting up again. It is very frustrating... not nearly as bad as when I was pregnant, but, sciatic nerve pain is pain no matter the degree. 

This Sunday is our last sunday in Minnesota. Jimmy said today "it feels like we just pulled into town!" I would totally agree. We are just finding our place, finding friends and getting comfortable and its time to head back to school! Crazy!! We have truly enjoyed our time here and the internship went very well! I think we have both learned alot! 

We will be heading back to NoDak for a few days then heading to Montana to visit family & work for a few weeks. While we are there one of my good friends is getting Married and I am honored to be her photographer and we will also be attending jimmy's 10 year high school reunion.

Phew! Now that I have caught you all up on what our family has been up to, I am going to nurse my baby and then immediately go to bed. We are wore out from all the happenings the last few weeks and need to catch up on our Z's before we have to make the 20 hour trek home! :)

Have a wonderful evening!
-Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment