Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Him & Her. Style & function.

I have had quite a few people tell me that our home is a perfect combination of my husbands and my styles.

He is a hunter, outdoorsy, practical guy. Things he brought into the home: antlers, decoys, a gun cabinet, camouflage, I would go so far as to say rustic items.

Enter wife.

Throw pillows, jewelry, items that simply serve as decor and nothing else. I love cozy, yet modern. Rustic, yet clean and and feminine, yet classy.

I am not all ruffles and he is not all cabiny. 

I would venture to say that most, if not all, bachelor pads are in need of a woman's touch and I have beyond enjoyed turning our house into a home.

We have animal portraits beside abstract art and we have ruffles next to antlers. We have carefully styled bookcases with decoys atop books, pinecones is nice baskets and old iron ducks perched on gun cleaning kits. The challenge of combining our tastes to create a home we both love has been a great one! Today, I took on our oasis, our escape, our bedroom [again]. (if you don't know me, or are new to these parts, you will soon realize I redecorate and rearrange monthly if not weekly)












No comments:

Post a Comment