Saturday, September 6, 2014

Bubble Pizza

I grew up with a family homemade pizza recipe consisting of French bread and the fixings. 

I liked it. 

I recently made it for my family, however, and the bread got super soggy from the sauce and the cheese was too thick... It just didn't hit the spot. (You know, the kind of dinner where you are thinking about which kind of cereal you are going to eat after the kid is asleep before you even leave the dinner table). Ha.

Anyways, I saw this type of pizza on Pinterest and when the biscuits were on sale this week PLUS a coupon, I knew it was meant to be! 

I sprayed the pan so it wouldn't stick, and laid out the biscuits and flattened them a bit to help cover more of the 9x13 pan and then dashed Italian seasoning, garlic salt and basil on the dough to give the crust some flavor! You toss this in the oven for 10 minutes @ 400.



When the timer went off I dumped one jar of great value pizza sauce on, placed pepperoni in and then layered some cheddar and mozzarella cheese and a few black olives! Plop it back in the oven for 20 more minutes and your done! 


Easy. As. That.

I think my favorite part was that because the "crust" is individual biscuits, they are kinda like mini pizzas (no cutting and No messy cheesy sauciness) they just pop out with a spatula easy as can be! 

The biscuits were nice and crispy on bottom and soft on top. ( if you don't prebake them for 10 minutes I heard they won't cook through (yuck).  

Give it a try with your favorite toppings and let me know how it turns out!

-Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment