Friday, January 24, 2014

A Calling


"So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't You lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone

Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone"

I am so blessed to have a husband who strives to give us his absolute best, his everything. A husband who leads me. A husband who truly loves me. A husband who is not only 100% committed to me, but also a fully committed father. A husband who doesn't back down and when he becomes overwhelmed or discouraged leans on God instead of worldly things. 

As we sat down to update our resume, I realized how crazy our lives are going to get in the next few months as we look for a church to pastor. A new town, new home, new church, new jobs, the list goes on. I began to ask myself, how do we decide? How do we know for certain we make the right decisions during this important stage in our life? 

One thing I know, without a doubt, is that God will provide a peace. A peace beyond our understanding. I believe that when we find our new home, we will be overwhelmed with peace, excitement and enthusiasm. We will not be burdened with worry, doubt and fear.

The song above really got me thinking, specifically about Jimmy. It is our desire that God leads us in this decision and that He gives us "strength to be everything we are called to be." Unlike most careers, pastoring isn't about the money. It isn't about whether or not the church offers us health insurance benefits. It isn't about the nice home or it's distance from Target. It is about the souls, the people, the hearts that God is already preparing for us to minister to. And for that I am SO excited. While Our Heavenly Father guides Jimmy through the process of finishing his B.A., obtaining his pastoring license and concluding our church hunt, I will trust in my husband, who God HAS given strong hands to lead us and love us. I cannot express how truly blessed I am to have married such a godly man and how blessed we are as will live out God's will for our life, family and ministry!!!

So please, as we head into this season of our lives, pray with us. Pray for us. Pray that we are sensitive to the Spirit and that we trust fully in God to place us in the church he is preparing for us. Pray specifically for Jimmy, that he has the strength to finish this last semester of schooling strong. Pray that he has confidence and wisdom in the search for our new home. Pray for me, that I am open to new things, to change. Pray that I am able to close this season of life and transition without fear or anxiety to my new roles. Pray that I lean on the knowledge and faith of my husband, and his calling. Pray for James. Pray for his precious little heart, that he grows up to love the Lord as his daddy and I do! Pray for our future church, that they are open to us, that they are ready for us. Pray that God continues to prepare their hearts for all He has planned for US.

We are eagerly awaiting our call and praying earnestly that God will make it clear to both of us, where we should go. I know that this road won't be easy, but God has called us and He will provide. We will be tested and tried but we will stay strong and give our all for Him. We will stand on Him when we are weak and we will persevere through the hardships. I am so excited to be on this journey with the man God has blessed me with! A strong man. A God-fearing man. A leader. A lover. A fighter for all that is good and a man that leans fully on God, because "we cannot do this alone!"



No comments:

Post a Comment